Michael Dell began building and selling computers from his dorm room at age 19. He dropped out of the University of Texas when his sales hit $60 million and has never looked back. Dell is said to be the fifteenth richest man in America, and the youngest CEO to make the Fortune 500. Intensely private and notoriously shy, Dell is hailed as a corporate wonder-kid. He climbed to the top by exploiting tax loopholes, outsourcing the competition, and inventing a term called “leveraged recapitalization.”
First, review the following case study:
Then, in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, address the following tasks:
- Analyze Dell’s philosophy as it relates to the role of change in organizational success.
- Determine how Dell’s philosophy would be perceived in a low performing culture.
- Identify which performing culture best suits your philosophy regarding change management and provide your rationale.
- Consider the way Dell started his company; determine what market conditions made the business possible.
- Discuss Dell’s approach to building his brand.
- Use the speaker notes feature of MS PowerPoint to provide the essential details.
- Use at least two scholarly sources (in addition to your textbook) to complete your research.
- Cite your sources using in-text citations with full references on a References slide at the end. Apply APA standards to the citation of sources.
- Save your presentation as LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.ppt.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship through accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Dell Computers. (2002). Michael Dell—The man behind Dell: Leading Dell into the future. IBS Center for Management Research. Retrieved from: http://www.icmrindia.org/free%20resources/casestudies/Leadership%20and%
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Analyzed Dell’s philosophy. Included multiple accurate points related to the role of change in organizational success. Utilized relevant examples and scholarly resources.||
|Determined how Dell’s philosophy would be perceived in a low performing culture. Utilized relevant examples and scholarly resources.||
|Identified the performing culture that best suits one’s own philosophy regarding change management. Provided a logical rationale and multiple examples using scholarly resources.||
|Determined the type of market conditions that made Dell’s business possible. Utilized logical examples and scholarly resources.||
|Discussed Dell’s approach to building his brand. Utilized multiple logical examples and scholarly resources.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship through adequate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use of scholarly sources aligned with specified assignment requirements.||