Write an essay of at least 750 words summarizing the Cuban Missile Crisis. In your essay please include the following information:
- What caused the Cuban Missile Crises?
- How close did the United States and the former Soviet Union come to starting World War III?
- How was the crisis resolved.
- If the United States and the Soviet Union had gone to war as a result of the Cuban Missile Crisis, what are is the estimates of the numbers of persons who would have been killed in the: a. United States, b. Soviet Union, c. China; and, d. the rest of the world?
- Using online resources, please list the nine (9) countries that have nuclear weapons today.
- Please offer your opinion as to whether a confrontation between countries, of the magnitude of the Cuban Missile Crisis, could occur today. Opinions will not be graded.
Please do not use quotes or copy, word for word, from an outside source in completing the assignment: use only your own words.