Garnering all of the information about constitutional rights and the justice process you have received from this course and your understanding of the “personalities” of the U.S. Supreme Court, prepare a six to eight page paper (not including the APA title and references pages) in which you detail the history of the Supreme Court from 1953 to the present day as it relates to one of the specific issues listed below. Evaluate the terms of the Warren Court (1953-1969), the Burger Court (1969-1986), the Rehnquist Court (1986-2005), and the current Roberts Court (2005-present) to your chosen issue, listed below. Examine the political philosophies of each court, and indicate significant changes in the law concerning your chosen issue that was witnessed through each court’s era. Then, examine the current makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court and modern trends in constitutional law and criminal procedure. Based on current trends, discuss whether or not you believe the criminal justice process will fundamentally change or remain the same in the foreseeable future for your chosen issue.
Your paper will focus on the court process, judicial process, and constitutional issues for
- Right to counsel (U.S. Const. amend. VI)
- I have attached the outline that was submitted for this final paper
The Final Paper must
- Be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and be formatted according to APA style
- Include a separate title page
- Use at least NINE scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Document all sources in APA style
- Include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style