Due Week 9 and worth 330 points
You must submit both parts of the assignment to receive full credit.
Part 1: Paper
write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- List specific changes that Apple has made to its Code of Conduct in recent years. Provide at least one (1) example of each change.
- Explain the identified changes to the suppliers in such a way that they will understand the standards that Apple requires in order to maintain their relationship with the company.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a six to eight (6-8) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Summarize Apple’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- Discuss Apple’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering workers
- Labor and Human Rights
- Health and Safety
- The Environment
- Identify the key ways that Apple’s Progress Report has changed since last year.
- Examine the manner in which Apple’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- Provide detailed speaker notes of what you would say if you were delivering the presentation.
- Submit a reference page with at least two (2) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your PowerPoint presentation must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title and reference slides are not included in the required slide length.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics