Political Geography Summary Instructions For this task, I have assigned each of you a country discussed in the Political Change pdf. After reading the section in the pdf about your assigned country, you will research what’s happened in that country, politically, since 2012 to bring the class up-to-date. Please summarize your findings – try not to get bogged down in too much detail; instead, give us the overall situation. You should keep your summary brief (around 500-750 words), but you should use full sentences, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Please do not use Wikipedia! Instead, use an online newspaper/news site for your research like BBC News, Miami Herald, NY Times or a periodical from your assigned country. You might try looking up your country’s “timeline” on BBC News as a starting point. Post you summary in the “Political Geography” Discussion Forum by by 11:59pm on the due date, and also post a copy to the Assignment Dropbox (Turnitin) – it will NOT be graded unless you’ve posted it in both places. If more than one person is assigned to a single country, each person should post their own summary.
o You are to take an imaginary journey around the world. During that journey image you keep a journal of the places you visited.
o For this assignment you will share your journal entries for your visit to two foreign countries, each in a different world region.
o Within each journal entry demonstrate your knowledge of the cities or other places that you visited – so you must do research – and describe in some detail the interesting things you did during your visits. Include in your paper comments on the economic and social challenges the country faces.
o Include maps of your countries as well as basic country data from our text:
o Area, population, HDI, per capita GNI, capital city and its population.
o If you prefer, this paper can be written in the first person as you would write a journal.
o Limit the paper to 4 – 6 pages (must be at least 4 full pages of text, or about 1,000 word count).
Naturally, if you have already traveled to any of these countries you can take advantage of that knowledge and experience.
- Provide a separate title page that includes the title of your journal, your name, and the date.
- The paper must be typewritten, double-spaced, with proper formatting (correct margins, 12 pt. font, page numbering etc.).
- Use a standard writing guide such as the MLA or APA Manual for proper formatting.
- Columbus State Writing Center can also be of help.
- The paper must be over 4 pages long, not including the title page and bibliography. A full page is defined as 1-inch margins on the side and 1½- inch margins at the top and bottom.
- Students may use any written or electronic media as sources for the paper. Written media include such items as magazines, journals, newspapers, books, textbooks, and atlases. Students may also use an encyclopedia, but the entire collection (whether in written or electronic form) is counted as one source only. Electronic media include such items as the Internet, FTP sites, CD-ROM, etc.
- Provide a separate “Works Cited” or “Bibliography” page at the end of the paper.
- A minimum of four sources is required and MUST be properly cited in the bibliography
- Use a standard writing guide such as the MLA or APA Manual in properly citing material.
As a new member of a top management consulting firm’s diversity team, one of your responsibilities is to conduct training on diversity trends. Consultants use this training in their management practices with Fortune 500 companies.
You are asked to lead a training session next week. The topic is “The Global Demographic Trends Impacting Diversity.” The training will be presented to mid-level managers in your firm. The purpose of the training is to inform the management consultants of the latest changes in worldwide demographics relative to five key diversity areas of interest and provide recommendations for managers on sustaining a diverse workforce.
Prepare a seven to nine slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on this topic. Include a discussion of the following:
- Diversity Trends
- Population trends
- Working-age population movements
- Racial and ethnic trends
- Sexual-orientation trends
- Gender trends
- Impact of diversity trends and changes to the firm based on statistical data
- Recommendation to the firm for sustaining a diverse workforce
Include detailed speaker notes with your presentation that fully explain each point and justification for your recommendations.
Use at least three resources to justify your responses. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. Include a title slide and reference slide(s) in addition to the main slides.
Compare and contrast the process of securing the land borders and the coastal waterways from international terrorism.
Are there any similar principles involved?
What are the glaring differences?
Which is more difficult to accomplish and why?
Prepare a 2 – 3 page, and using APA style formatting, well structured essay and provide your assessment.