1. Discuss the difference between negative and positive feedback as it relates to homeostasis? Give an example of positive or negative feedback in the body.
2. Briefly describe the communicable disease known as the West Nile Virus and discuss how it may be prevented.
3. Discuss the importance and types of lymphocytes. Where is each type found in the body? Discuss one that a person could live without & why?
4. There are many different types of immunity in the body. The main four being
- Innate (Natural) Immunity
- Adaptive (Acquired) Immune
- SystemActive Immunity
- Passive Immunity
Discuss the three most important? Be sure to give supporting reasons for each. How do those who live outside of civilization protect their immunity without high tech advances such as immunization.
5. Discuss the functions of the skeletal system.
Describe the bones of the thoracic region of the body and how this region of bones works together to provide support and movement of the body.
6. Describe the skeletal disorder Bursitis. What causes this disease? What are the effects of this disease and how is it treated? What quality of life can be expected for someone with the disorder?
7. Describe three functions of the muscular system and three characteristic properties of muscular tissue. Discuss the muscular action abduction and describe the movement of this action. Give (3) examples of movement (or day to day skills) by this muscular action.
8. Describe the muscular disease Myositis. What causes this disease? What are the effects of this disease and how is it treated? What quality of life can be expected for someone with the disorder?