1) Select a company and access the last three years’ annual reports.
2) Next, select a company that is a direct competitor and download the previous three years’ annual reports.
Tip: For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp: http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/financials/fundamentals.htm)
3) Using the annual reports of both companies, complete the following in a three- to five-page paper, excluding title and reference page(s):
– For each company, report the amount of capital spending for the past three years.
– Quantitatively determine whether the amount of capital spending has been consistent or if it has fluctuated.
– Describe the capital expenditures of each firm and the factors that impacted the companies’ debt capacities and capital structures.
4) Next, compare the level of capital spending across the two firms.
– Point out how the spending was similar and/or different and speculate why the similarities or differences might exist.
You must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the text. Support your comparison with evidence from the text, external sources, and articles/reports
Format the paper according to the APA 6th edition style guide. Be sure to properly cite your resources using APA.