Part A. 300 words each with 1 reference each, 600 words total
1. Discuss the public choice theory or model. How does it relate to rivalness and excludability?
2. Think of a time when a government policy directly affected policy or policies at your organization. While health care examples are preferred, if you do not have experience working in that environment yet, any professional setting can apply.
Part B. 1,500 words
Review news stories and articles regarding a recent (within the last year) health-related policy (not the Affordable Care Act).
Introduce this policy and discuss the following:
1. How the governmental policy process informs the development, implementation, and assessment of policy within the realm of health care.
2. The impact of your chosen policy on health care consumers, organizations, and systems.
3. The impact of your chosen policy on health care providers.
Now imagine you are adapting this policy to the health care organization at which you work (or where you wish to work). Describe the organization and discuss the following:
1. The stakeholders involved in policy formation and their impact on health care policy formation and structures.
2. The response you expect from those stakeholders.
3. The specific impact this governmental policy will make (positive, negative, indifferent) and why?
Incorporate two or three peer-reviewed scholarly resources