Over the past decade, some countries have shown high crime rates while other countries have lower crime rates. For example, the lowest homicide rates in 2000 existed in Saudi-Arabia and Japan, while France and Germany had the highest homicide rates. Their rates, however, were still lower than the homicide rate in the United States in the same year (Hagan, 2003).
Create 6–8 PowerPoint slides comparing the crime rates of United States, China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, England, France, and Germany over the past 5 years:
- What differences exist? (This element will account for 20% of your grade.)
- What factors do you think contribute to those differences? (This element will account for 30% of your grade.)
- Provide some examples of how each country has responded to its crime problems? (This element will account for 20% of your grade.)
- Can you find any changes in data that may be a result of their efforts? (This element will account for 25%of your grade.)
- Please provide APA citation and references where necessary. (5%)